Up to two of these statements are true.



A note in case anyone ever actually comes across this post again: Tao Lin documented his acknowledged, arguably abusive relationship with a much younger person in his book Richard Yates. I regret that I kept writing about Tao as if I didn't know about that after reading that book.

Think I might rewrite my dissertation chapter on Charles Bernstein to be about [whatever it would need to be about] so that I could retitle it “The Reference of Critique.”

Think I might write a defense of Ke$ha in which the key line would be, “To hate Ke$ha shows a lack of imagination; to hate on her publicly shows a lack of courage.”

Think I might write a longish essay on Tao Lin as hustler and hipsterism as consumerist-critique-of-capitalism called something like “Tao Lin and the Critique of Effort.”